As many condo corporations are having their AGM and electing new boards of directors, individuals who are first-timers on their condo board need some direction. A good practice is to have a standard list of items they should be familiar with.
- Condominium Act
- Board Policies
- Current budget and most recent financial audit
- Board meeting minutes for the past year
- Reserve Fund Study
- Contract with property management company
- List of current or upcoming projects
- A copy of your rules of order (parliamentary authority)
PS- You may have more.
Congratulations to all newly elected board members! Your service to your condo community is greatly appreciated!